As most of my regular readers know, as of late I’ve been kind of lazy when it comes to getting fresh content out there for all the world to see. As such, I would like to extend an open invitation to any political blogger from the right or left to join the team here at The Bulldog Says…. I have extended private invitations to a couple folks in the past and even granted author rights to a couple of them, however, I’m just getting too busy to keep fresh content up. This isn’t a major blog. Hell, it isn’t even a minor blog. With an average of 40 unique visits per day, a third of them mine, I’m not in any kind of shape to influence much of anything. A good half of the hits this site receives are searches for “calvin snowman” which brings a post from January of last year where I made my version of a Calvin and Hobbes snowman.
So anyway, I am requesting “applications” for some additional folks to post here. If you check out most of the major blogs, you’ll see that damn near every one of them is a collaboration of several folks posting. So with that said, let me set some ground rules ahead of time and also list what it is I’m looking for. Here goes:
- Any potential applicant MUST have, and submit to me, their own site so I can review their previous postings. However, if you do not have your own site and still wish to apply, please be prepared to provide a sampling of your comments on any other site for review.
- I would prefer that said applicant has been around the blogosphere for at least a year.
- Applicant must be a political blogger of sorts. Just about any type of post will be allowed, but I mainly want someone who will post pretty regularly on political issues.
- A blogger from either side of the political aisle is encouraged to apply. Your politics will not determine whether you’re “hired” or not; strictly the content of your previous postings will.
- I will not tolerate hate-speech period. Swear words in your posts are fine as long as they’re kept in context and not too frequent. Poking fun at the asshats is most definitely allowed, in fact, it’s encouraged. But I will not have any group of people, for whatever reason, bashed. This includes women, GLBT folks, African-Americans, etc.
And that’s about it. Any and all of the rules can and probably will be bent or broken by me if I find the right person to join me here. For you regular readers and commenters, if there’s someone you would like to recommend, let me know in the comments. But please approach that person first. I don’t want to sound like I’m out of my mind when I try to contact them. I will keep this post up for about a month and see what happens.