I’m kind of late to the game, but DBK over at Blanton’s and Ashton’s have a Blogswarm going on right now in support of Congressman Rush Holt’s proposed resolution for verified voting. If you’re not familiar with this, then please read on.
The Voter Confidence and Increased Accessibility Act (H.R. 550) will:
- Mandate a voter-verified paper ballot for every vote cast in every federal election, nationwide; because the voter verified paper record is the only one verified by the voters themselves, rather than by the machines, it will serve as the vote of record in any case of inconsistency with electronic records;
- Protect the accessibility requirements of the Help America Vote Act for voters with disabilities;
- Require random, unannounced, hand-count audits of actual election results in every state, and in each county, for every Federal election;
- Prohibit the use of undisclosed software and wireless and concealed communications devices and internet connections in voting machines;
- Provide Federal funding to pay for implementation of voter-verified paper balloting; and
- Require full implementation by 2006
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has some excellent information as to WHY this is needed HERE.
So go ahead and sign Congressman Holt’s petition by clicking the image below:
Thanks go to DBK and Congressman Holt for the filching of the image above.